Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Well... it worked. Ha.

I rewrote my chores with a little help from Patricia...

* write for 15 minutes
* translate for 15 minutes
* find out what you need to do for "this thing", so that you can chop it into smaller pieces too
* find out what you need to do for "that other thing", so that that can be chopped too
* work 15 minutes with Auntie Sarah and future ideas

I feel pretty good right now :-D I have read this week's letter and today's chore, and I'm feeling quite confident about pulling this through :-) Maybe not these 100 days, though, but I will be starting a lot of things for my writing, that will carry me long way in the future, and I will be learning new habits and skills that will carry me even longer :-D

I have also discussed with my husband about these things, and that's always a good thing. Might be that I have all the time in the world to write - theoretically - the practice looks slightly different. I do have some responsibilities outside writing, which is only my work ;-)


Here's 100 ways to improve your writing. Do follow the links :-)

Angela Booth's 100 days writing challenge

2 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Great link you have to 100 ways to improve your writing. You're so right. Seems like we should have all the time in the world, but time is a slippery commodity so we need to have a plan, then be deliberate about achieving it.

Hart Johnson said...

Glad you found a helpful set of strategies! That 'smaller bits thing' makes a huge difference in feeling like you are making progress, and progress is what keeps it from getting overwhelming.