Monday, November 1, 2010

Ideas R' Us

if nothing else works, write writing prompts :-D

Found Shit 

Make a jumpstart jar
"While reading "poemcrazy: freeing your life with words" by Susan Wooldrige (Three Rivers Press 1997), I became enchanted with her chapter about word tickets.
I went out to OfficeMax and bought a roll of them and began writing my own words on them... but the tickets were small and my handwriting too hard to read, so I began collecting words by cutting them out of newspapers and magazines and gluing them to the tickets. I added in provocative phrases, and in no time at all, I had filled an old Reebok shoe box full of tickets..."

On Writing a Novel: Three Letters

Philip Pullman's Pep Talk, 1/11-08

Now, go and do something else, and don't even dare to think about writing. It starts tomorrow...

No comments: