Tuesday, October 13, 2020

NaNoPrepMo - Pinterest

 Well... some time ago I loved a site called Polyvore. Then, one morning, there was no Polyvore. They had sold the site, and the new owner took over and made it into something totally new, with nothing from the site I had loved left. There was no warning, no change to let us prepare, everything was ruined and destroyed over night... so I am very afraid of that Pinterest - another site I love. Or loved - is going to go the same route. They have been changing things a lot these last 9 years I've been a member... and perhaps 9 years is very long time for any site to exist. Most sites I have enjoyed have vanished.

Anyway, NaNoWriMo asks your Pinterest board URL on the site when you are to announce your new project, so let's give them one. 

There are three different boards that can help you with your NaNoWriMo

1) novel board, visual storyboard

You do this by collecting images that remind you of your story; characters, environment, historical reference, inspiring quotes, lyrics... At the time I am writing this, you can have sections on your boards, so you could have all the characters in one section, setting in another, reference in third and so on, or have a section for each of your characters.

You can find examples by searching "my novel", "nanowrimo novel", "novel storyboard" on Pinterest.

2) Writing advice, tips, inspiration, articles, etc. I have been working on this for a couple of years now, and I have learned a LOT of useful things.

3) Reference and research

Because it's often not visually inspiring, I don't want to put it on the visual storyboard. You might want to do it differently.

No comments: