Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Top 5... Ghosts

 Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme that explores different topics.

Originally created by Shanah at Bionic Book Worm, it is now hosted by Meeghan at Meeghan Reads.

For a list of October topics you can click here.

To participate, link your post back to Meeghan's blog or leave a comment on her weekly post.

 My favorite ghost in books is

Humphrey the Horrible by Eva Ibbotson, The Great Ghost Rescue. She has a lot of amazing characters, of whom some are ghosts... so just fill up with her ghosts :-)

Humphrey is lovely. A little boy ghost, kind, loves animals, loves his family, even though he is a bit intimidated by it, because it's the best, mostest, ghastliest ghost family ever, and he himself isn't even scary. But he is the bravest ghost ever.

Ghost of Christmas Present by Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol, especially as portrayed by Carol Kane in Scrooged :-) (I mean, the Spirit of Christmas... could it get any better? :-D)

Adopta Ghost from Dial-a-Ghost by Eva Ibbotson - I blame Eva for having given me high expectations when it comes to strong female leads. Adopta is a willful little poltergeist who has temper tantrums, and loves animals.


Uncle Abraham's Ghost bride from Edith Nesbit's gothic tales

Many, many years ago I read a book (or perhaps it was just a collection of ghost stories) about a little boy who was painted fluorescent and who died of phosphorus poisoning, but I don't remember much about that story except that he was another brave little boy ghost. I like brave little boys and girls.

The Fifth Ghost... Uh... I'm sure there are ghosts I love, but of course I cannot remember one of them right now! I just remember ghosts I don't like :-D I mean, Penelope Lively's The Ghost of Thomas Kempe was an amazing book and a ghost story I recommend, but I hate Thomas Kempe :-D

So, let's say The Queen of the Black Coast

1 comment:

Meeghan reads said...

Sorry I'm so late this week!!
Also, I love how creative your lists are!! I didn't even think of Dickens' Christmas ghosts!! 💕