Wednesday, December 8, 2010

John Grisham: Skipping Christmas

I looked forward to reading this book:

"Luther unfolded a spreadsheet and began pointing.
"Here, my dear, is what we spent last Christmas. Six thousand, one hundred dollars. And precious little to show for it. The vast majority of it down the drain. Wasted. And that, of course, does not include my time, your time, the traffic, stress, worry, bickering, ill-will, sleep-loss - all the wonderful things that we pour into the holiday season."
"Where is this going?"
Luther dropped the spreadsheets and, quick as a magician, presented the Island Princess brochure to his wife. "Where is this going, you ask, my dear? It's going to the Caribbean. Ten nights, ten nights of total luxury on the Island Princess, the fanciest cruise ship in the world..."

In their dreams.

The first half of the book is a nightmare... Then it gets worse... to end so lovely I cried :-)
I recommend this to everyone swearing over Christmas. A book about the true spirit of Christmas. :-)

Except that I would have let the daughter hear about it...

1/5 Christmas books read :-) One sock ready :-)

2 comments:

Henric C. Jensen said...

Let me at it!!! You horrible woman, where is it??? Give it to me NOW!

Henric C. Jensen said...

Grinch with a Heart