Friday, March 1, 2013

Is it March already?

When did that happen?
Oh, well...

I'm a lot at Pinterest.

Anyway, I found these two things I thought I could share with you.

1) Tolkien’s 5 Tips for Creating Complex Heroes

2) J.P.Sloan's character worksheets, parts 1, 2, 3 and 4

Though... for me these lists don't work... you see, I get obsessed by the character and then I know everything there is to know about him or her, and I write nothing. It really doesn't help me to know what's my character's favorite color.

1 comment:

Hart Johnson said...

I tend to just write them. I have a background in psychology, so I feel like just keeping them consistent is a strength of mine. If I have questions about what they'd do though, in a given situation, I think of their strongest traits, assign them a zodiac sign accordingly, and think 'what would a typical XX do in this case?' (at least for secondary characters--primary, I let the 'most interesting plot' drive them.