Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A couple of blog entries from Scarlett Gypsy

Writing: Physical character description

Those innovative, fun-loving Victorians...

and some others :-)

30 days of writing meme? I challenge anyone reading my blog :-)

1. Tell us about your favorite writing project/universe that you’ve worked with and why.

When I was about 10 I created my own fantasy universe with horses as sacred animals and matriarchy. My Empress, my Mary Sue, did all the things I wanted to be able to do. I created characters and storylines as I needed them, told myself stories to fall asleep to, entertained myself when I was alone, or waited, or traveled, run the forests discussing with my imaginary friends... I still do, after 30 years :-)

2 comments:

Helena said...

When I was little I practically lived in different fantasy worlds -- different ones for different moods. I know I never really left that behind because just a couple days ago I ordered a complete set of Johnny Weismuller Tarzan movies. I LOVED his and Jane's tree house and the adventures they had in the jungle. But when I write I stick much more to reality. Maybe I should try fantasy.

Hart Johnson said...

You know, I think I wasn't very creative as a kid, though there was a time I liked to pretend I was a sabertooth tiger, and I was very taken with Land of the Lost... but I've never made up a totally different world, and the only existing universe I've written under is the Pottervers (which I suppose I do love, but will never be salable)