Thursday, June 3, 2021

So... I'm reading again...

 I "blame" my husband.

I stopped reading somewhere mid-November last year. The spark just wasn't there. I read two books in December, and a couple of books in March, but other than that... nah. I was on my "I'll make clothes for dolls" mode, there was no time to read anything. 

But my husband... he recommended a book. And it was good. And I read the sequel, and #3 in the series as well, and then we we reading #4 at the same time, so we started listening to it together, so I needed to find another book to read while we weren't listening to #4, and... now I'm reading. Forget dolls, who cares about dolls? I suppose I have to pack all my dolls now and clean the space in front of the bookshelves :-D

Anyway, I have my Fantasy book project - not going to read all the Fantasy published in 2021 for Goodreads awards, that stuff stinks anyway, but reading "the best Fantasy books..."

You know me, I can't resist a challenge... so I happened to see the Medieval-a-Thon

I want to do all of it :-D

So, the Medieval-a-thon was supposed to run in January, but, what the heck, I'm here on June. It doesn't matter at all. :-D


Blacksmith:
 

Read a book with gold, silver, or bronze in the title or cover
I suppose it's high time to read the Daevabad Trilogy :-D (The City of Brass, The Kingdom of Copper and The Empire of Gold)
Or maybe A.A.Aguirre's Apparatus Infernum (Bronze Gods and Silver Mirrors)

A book you're scared to read
That would be A Game of Thrones

A book with a weapon on the cover
Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
Black Prism by Brent Weeks
Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan

A hardcover
This could be anything

A series finale
Ursula K. Le Guin The Other Wind

Tailor/Seamstress

Read a book you're unsure about

First book to a series
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

A book embossed or foiling on the cover
The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald

The last book you bought/borrowed
The Eye of the World (for Daniel Greene's read-a-long)

Prettiest book on your shelf
Rin Chupeco's Bone Witch or Never Tilting World
The Starlit Wood (New fairy tales by several authors)
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker

Bard 

Read a book with a great first line
"When you are tired of life, come to Haven. And someone will kill you."
The Guards of Haven by Simon R. Green

A book with a travel element
The Wayfarer Redemption by Sara Douglass

A book title that's a character name
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

A book over 400 pages
It's Fantasy, so all of these books have over 400 pages :-D
The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison

A book with multiple authors
The Golden Key by Jennifer Roberson, Melanie Rawn, Kate Elliot

Clergy 

Read an underrated book
The Baker's Boy by J.V. Jones
C.S.Friedman's Black Sun Rising
Jennifer Roberson's Shapechangers
Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince

A book about books
The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser

A book with a person on the cover
Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb

A book with the chosen one trope
The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna
Burn by Patrick Ness
The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
The Magicians by Lev Grossman

Read whatever you want
Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson

Baker 

Read a book chosen for you
that would be Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

A debut novel
Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft

A book with brown on the cover
The Crown Tower by Michael J. Sullivan

A book from a genre you don't read from
Hmm... what would that be? I mean, I read most genres, mostly Fantasy though, and the genres I do not read I don't read for a reason, and I will not read those genres.

A book by an author you admire

No comments: