Friday, June 4, 2021

Oh, the troubles I've seen...

 So... 

So many thoughts. 

About The Bronze Horseman. USA's relationship with Russia might not have been very warm before WWII, but a lot of people immigrated from Russia to USA. USA and Russia were allied during the WWII. Russia was at war with Finland. Finland was allied with Germany.
So, no, you wouldn't have gone to Finland to escape Soviet Russia. Especially when Alexander was USonian. Idiot.

About writing commissioned work, and translating... I'm trying, but the story feels so stupid, I have serious difficulties. How do I keep my contempt from showing in the writing? How do I stop myself from "improving" the book? It's not that there's anything elementally wrong with the story, it's just that I don't belong to the target audience, my taste and preferences are very different. I would rate this book one or two stars if I was to read it. *sigh*
I'm glad I don't need to do this, at the same time, I wish I could. I wish I could see it as just work, and keep my personal preferences, taste, opinions and feelings out of it. 

I really wish I could push out pulp fiction thousands of words every day...



No comments: