Sunday, March 26, 2023

April TBR


April brings in the Orilium Spring Equinox reading challenge.

Alchemy - Metal in the name
Rhinegold by Stephan Grundy

* Animal Studies - flip a coin: heads - non fiction, tails - fiction
I got heads. I'm going to read a biography
Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner

[That's also the choice of the "Everyone has read this but me" group for April. :-)]

Art of Illusion - match clothing colour to cover colour

* Astronomy - 2 Es in the title
Gingerbread by Helen Oyeyemi

* Conjuration - recommended by a friend (or celebrity, author, book media, site...)
Assholes: A Theory by Aaron James

Demonology - book compared to your favorite (if you liked this, read this...)
"Favorite" Starless Sea - read: The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow

* Elemental studies - flowers on the cover
A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers

spells and incantations - read a book that is 389-415 pages
Dandy by Jan Guillou (396 pages)

artificery - start your read with a snack

inscription - a book from your highest shelf

lore - book with a map

psionics and divination - clouds on the cover or in the title
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

* restoration - close your eyes, shuffle the books, and point
The Summer Birds by Penelope Farmer

* shapeshifting - wolf on the cover, title, author's name
The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken


There are the "book a week" challenges, which means that I would need to read 12 books, but as I'm doubling, I am going to get away with less than that :-D

Read a cookbook cover to cover.
The Little Library Cookbook by Kate Young
I could also choose something to make to eat before eating a book for artificery class in Orilium :-D
Either spice cookies to eat while reading We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
or posset to eat with The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken

Read a book with under 500 Goodreads ratings.
Mistress of Mistresses by E.R. Eddison

Read an author local to you.
Dandy by Jan Guillou

Then there are some 10 books I need to read for the genre challenge.
Hopepunk, magical realism, matron lit, women's fiction, and biographies. 

Some of them are going to fulfill some of the prompts :-)

Then I need to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky for the "Everyone has read this but me" book club.

Then there's the Battle of the Bands. I'm in the AC/DC group :-) I'm glad about that because that's the five books that look most interesting to me right now :-D (Oh, I want to read all of them, of course, and if everything goes as planned, I will.)



No comments: