Monday, August 16, 2010

One of my all time favorite authors and screen writers is Nora Ephron. She is the mother of When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail - nevertheless, she hasn't worked much this Millennium... she is seen as too old or something. I mean... when did the persona of the WRITER become more important than what she writes?

Now, I've been reading this Interestingness stuff... It makes me feel I have no chances what so ever to make it as a writer! The world is full of people who do it ALL so much better than I do, and I'm certain they are all so much better at it too. What do I have to compete with that? Nothing.

But the thing is that
a) I shouldn't be writing a best seller or a book that sells even worst. I should be writing a book that I am to write, because I need to write it.
b) I don't know what the audience wants. I should write a book I want to read, and then see if anyone else was interested.

No comments: