Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Top 5... new authors

Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme that explores different topics.

Originally created by Shanah at Bionic Book Worm, it is now hosted by Meeghan at Meeghan Reads.

For a list of November topics you can click here.

To participate, link your post back to Meeghan's blog or leave a comment on her weekly post.

 My top 5 new authors

Oh... there are so many! But, I have to name five, and here are five authors whose work I read first this year, and whose work I like very much. 


Erin Morgenstern. 

I read Starless Sea and it was... like... the best book ever written, the only book ever written, the only book worth reading, like all the other books in the world are just cheap surrogates because I can't be reading Starless Sea for the rest of my life. It took me quite a long time to start reading again :-D

Fredrik Backman

Anna-Marie McLemore

Aiden Thomas

Andrzej Sapkowski

Honorary mentions:
Karin Erlandsson, Margery Allingham, Roseanne A. Brown, Seanan McGuire, Leena Kellosalo, SM Reine, Noelle Stevenson, Michael La Ronn, Vaseem Khan, Jonathan Howard, L.L.McKinney, Laini Taylor, Claire Luana

The worst reading experience this year:
Amanda McIntyre, C.C.Bergius, Cassandra Clare, Bimisi Tayanita, V.E.Schwab

2 comments:

Meeghan reads said...

Oh wow. I'm so glad you loved The Starless Sea so much!! I've had The Night Circus on my bookshelf since forever. I really need to read it!!

DB said...

Jemison looks like a really good read, not to mention Cordova's books - I keep seeing so much praise for all their books.